Plastic Cutting Sticks
Ever advancing cutting technology
demands the highest performance from precision engineered cutting
sticks to achieve the quality required by today’s print finishers.
The DURASTICK range of Cutting Sticks, manufactured in England, has
been developed to give optimum durability and performance in this
paper converting application.
• DURASTICK Cutting Sticks are manufactured for use on all paper
cutters and three knife trimmers.
• The DURASTICK Cutting Stick is fitted into the slot in the cutting
table of the guillotine. The knife penetrates this strip at the end
of it’s downstroke which results in a clean, precise cut
from the first to the last sheet of paper.
• DURASTICK Cutting Sticks are produced for allmachine types and
makes. The Cutting Stick range extends to the very latest models and
includes all paper cutters and three knife trimmers manufactured
• Original equipment manufacturer specifications are used for the
production of nearly all Cutting Sticks and a comprehensive size
list is available detailing the make of the machine, model, size of
Cutting Stick and original part or drawing number where applicable.
• DURASTICK Cutting Sticks are available in a range
of materials which take into consideration the following:
1. the compatibility of the material to the quality of the knife
2. the durability expectation during the cutting process
3. the versatility to suit more than one knife quality
4. the consideration of environmental issues and plastic recycling
5. the economic advantage of using the Plastic Cutting Stick against
using more traditional materials such as wood, xylonite or
• DURASTICK Cutting Sticks are produced 100% from prime material
components in modern production facilities.
• Virgin plastic resins are formulated into compounds specially
suited to the Cutting Stick application.
• The plastic profiles are engineered under climatically controlled
conditions which result in a constant product quality.
• Thermal instability of plastics is taken into account under a
stringent quality control system.
• Tolerances of ±0.01mm or ±0.0004" are achieved on the size
specification and length to 0.05% per linear metre within these
• Special requirements such as additional bevel or radius corners,
holes, counter-sinking and slots can be engineered to suit
• Advanced and flexible production techniques mean that special
and materials can be made to order in low quantity, with minimum
lead times and at competitive prices.
• Plastic cutting pads, boards and discs are also manufactured for
round cornering or punching machines, rise and fall die-cutting
applications and paper drilling machines
• Branding of all Cutting Sticks such as with the company name,
telephone numbers or product identification, for marketing purposes
is available by direct printing onto the product within the